Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting blocks, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- As you create your blocks in your AutoCAD LT drawings,…they're stored in the DWG file.…So basically, what you can do…is recreate those blocks any time…and reuse design intent that you've used previously.…That's one of the major benefits of blocks.…You can reuse them over and over again.…So, we're in our Floor Plans drawing…and we've got the revise worktop in this drawing.…So what I've done is I've created…a copy of the previous drawing…that we used in the previous exercise…where we created our refined worktop.…
So that's in the left-hand plan down here.…So position your crosshair there,…roll up on the wheel and zoom in…so that you can see your worktop.…Now the circle is there for a reason.…We need that circle…'cause we're going to look now…at looking at inserting some blocks…into our AutoCAD LT drawing.…So let's have a look at how that works.…The first thing we need to do…is make sure that we are on the right layer…to insert the block into our drawing.…So we go to the Home tab on the ribbon…and we look here on the flyout in the Layer's panel…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.