Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting blocks using the tool palettes, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- In the previous exercise I mentioned tool palettes…and how they can be utilized with all of the…sample dynamic blocks available to you in AutoCAD LT.…So let's have a look at utilizing those tool palettes…to bring some blocks into our floor plan drawing.…And more importantly, creating our own tool palette…to add some blocks to it, as well.…And what we're going to do is…we're going to have a look at inserting a door…and also some landscaping into our floor plans.…
So you remember the door from our previous exercise,…what I've done is I've removed that…in this particular floor plan…and we're gonna bring in a dynamic block of a door…from the tool palette itself.…So it's this area over here,…on the left hand floor plan,…so zoom in first,…and there's the gap just there,…so zoom in on the gap in the wall ready for the door,…like so.…Then we go to the Home tab on the ribbon,…go to our Layers panel,…click on the flyout and make sure that we're using…the Architectural floor plan door layer…so that when we bring our door in…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.