Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting blocks using the DesignCenter, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Another very neat tool in autoCAD and autoCAD LT…is a tool called DesignCenter.…Now, what DesignCenter allows you to do,…is it allows you to explore autoCAD LT drawings,…and bring content from one drawing to another,…utilizing a tool very similar to Windows Explorer.…Now, in order to bring up DesignCenter on the screen,…you're going to need to go to the View tab on the ribbon,…and it's in the Palettes panel again,…where Tool Palettes was from previous exercises.…
It's actually this little icon here: DesignCenter.…And this opens or closes the DesignCenter window,…so when I open that up,…what you'll find is that I've got this palette…that allows me to go to my Folders,…I can search my Folders for autoCAD content,…I can go to my Open Drawings for autoCAD content,…or my History of drawings,…if I've saved anything to my History.…Now, when you open up DesignCenter,…you need to use the Open Drawings tab.…And you'll notice I've got two drawings open…in the tabs at the top here.…
So, go to your working files, and you need to have…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.