Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Hatch pattern and properties, part of Up and Running with AutoCAD LT.
- Another method to highlight…and annotate your AutoCAD LT drawings…is to utilize hatch patterns and their properties.…And what that allows you to do is…highlight areas of an AutoCAD LT drawing.…So we're back in our floor plans' drawing,…which I'm sure you're fairly familiar with by now…and you can see in each floor plan,…there is a hatched area, it's yellow.…It's this hatch here.…There's one there, on the right-hand plan,…one there on the left-hand plan.…Now, if you highlight the hatch and click on it,…you'll notice that the Ribbon changes dramatically.…
It goes into the Hatch Editor with…like this magenta boundary.…Now there was a warning that came up there as well…and I want to go back to that and explain why that comes up.…So I'll just hit Esc a couple of times to deselect the hatch…and I'll click on the hatch again.…Now what it's telling you there is that…it's a non-associative hatch boundary.…So basically, it's not associated with any other shape,…so what you would do is you'd edit the hatch boundary,…utilizing these grips as you can see,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.