Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Grip editing hatch boundaries, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- In the previous exercises where…we've looked at hatching, we've created…a hatch boundary using a poly line.…Now, what you want to be able to do…is to be able to edit your hatch boundaries.…Now, this particular hatch boundary…that we've created over here, this one here,…is actually a poly line, so it's a fixed…associative hatch boundary.…So, if I edit the geometry of that poly line,…the hatch pattern will follow.…Now, over here though, if I click…on this hatch pattern here, you can see…that it's a non-associative hatch boundary…and the reason I can tell that…is when I click on the hatch pattern…and go and look up here in the hatch editor tab,…the associative is not highlighted.…
So, it's a non-associative hatch.…So, if I change the boundary of that hatch,…the hatch pattern will not follow it.…So, basically, what's happening there is,…it's just a hatch pattern that is inside…some lines in this particular case.…It's normally best practice to…utilize a poly line as your hatch boundary…and make it associative because then,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.