Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing dimensions with grips, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- All dimensions that you place in your…AutoCAD LT drawings are, by default, associative.…So what that means is that they are one object,…and they are associative with the…geometry that you place them next to.…So, if you update the geometry,…you can update the dimension…to suit the geometry as well.…One thing that dimensions also have as well…is grips, the little blue boxes…that we've used previously in previous exercises.…So, we're still in our floor plans drawings…and what I'd like to do is look at the…dimensions to the top of the right-hand floor plan.…
So, I'm going to zoom in on this area here,…and just pan down a little,…just get them so they're nice and central,…like so.…So, you can see that we have this…86 feet dimension here.…If I select it and click on it,…you can see that we have a number of grips.…Now, the grips themselves allow you to…edit the dimension,…so if I click on the central grip and drag upwards,…you can see that I can move that I can move that…and I can move the text along as well.…So, if I do that and click like that,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.