Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the dimension text, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- There are various ways and means…that you can edit the dimension text…on your dimensions in your Auto-CAD drawings.…Now again, we're in the floor plans drawing…and what we're going to do is look at the dimensions…we placed previously in previous exercises.…So, zoom in on room 204 here…in the top corner of the right-hand floor plan…and you can see, there's the dimensions…we placed previously.…There's a couple of linear dimensions…and there's a radius dimension.…Now, it may be that I want to move this particular…dimension text here on this particular linear dimension.…
So, what I can do there is I can select it…and if I hover over the grip on the text,…can you see how I get a menu that appears…and it allows me to edit the dimension text.…So, I can move it with the dim line,…I can move text only, I can move it with a leader,…and so on, so if I come down to this menu…and I want to move the text only,…it will allow me now just to move that text…and place it somewhere different.…So, if I come to say, there and click there,…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.