Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing rectangles, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- We're gonna have a look now at drawing rectangles.…Now, you may say to me, "Oh, but we've already drawn…"some rectangles."…Well, yes, we have and these are rectangles formed of,…as you can see there, four lines basically intersecting…at the corners.…There is actually a rectangle command in AutoCAD…and what it allows you to do is generate a rectangle…as a closed polyline.…Now, if I go up to the Home tab here on the ribbon…and look in the draw panel, over here,…top right corner of the draw panel, click on the flyer.…
I've got a choice of a rectangle or a polygon.…If I hover over the rectangle,…it creates a rectangular polyline from specifying the…opposing diagonal corners as such.…So you can see one and two there.…So if I click on the rectangle command…and come into the drawing area,…it's asking for the first corner point.…Now, you notice I can specify that by coordinates.…We'll look at that in a moment.…There's a really neat tool in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT…that allows you to in essence draw a rectangle…using dot to dot.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.