Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing lines with Polar Tracking, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Let's have a look now at working…with Polar Tracking in AutoCAD LT.…I have already mentioned it in previous exercises,…but we haven't looked at the settings…and how it actually effects the AutoCAD LT environment…when you change the settings.…I'm in AutoCAD itself.…I've changed the layer that I'm working in,…because we're gonna be drawing some rectangles.…Now I know these are rectangles here,…but I've left them on the POLYGON layer,…purely to distinguish them…from the layers that we're going to be using.…
There's the RECTANGLE layer there.…And the good thing is,…on the little fly-out menu there,…I can just click on the word RECTANGLE,…if you haven't done so already,…and that makes RECTANGLE…the current drafting layer.…Now again, we're going to utilize the Line command.…And down here on the status bar,…you need to make sure that this is switched on.…Polar Tracking.…If you haven't got Polar Tracking,…remember customize here…and Polar Tracking is up here.…Make sure it's ticked,…and then click on the little three lines again.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.