Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing with Snap and Grid, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- I've mentioned in previous videos about Snap and Grid…and a little bit about how they work.…What we're going to do now…is look at Snap and Grid in AutoCAD LT…and utilize it to edit these two shapes that we've drawn.…So let's have a look at our shapes…and how this Snap and Grid allows us…to work effectively,…but more importantly, accurately,…wtihin AutoCAD itself.…Now to switch Snap and Grid on,…you use these ones here,…there's Grid, and there's Snap.…Now I'm gonna click on this little arrow here…and I'm gonna go into my Snap Settings.…
So you can see the grid how it is at the moment,…and you can see that Snap is on…and Grid is on.…So if I move any objects around…they will snap to the grid.…I'm going to change my grid spacing, though.…I want that to be one.…And if I press Tab, it updates the other box, as well.…I click on Okay…and you'll notice the grid spacing has got…a bit bigger.…So basically now the grid spacing is set…to one unit with increments of a half.…So you can see there that I've got…slightly bigger grids to work to.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.