Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Dimension command, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- AutoCAD LT 2016 has a really cool…new command called the Dimension command.…You'll find it here on the Dimensions panel…on the Annotate tab.…Just make sure though,…go into the Home tab,…make sure you're using the…Architectural_Plan_Dim layer…to make sure that your dimensions…go on the right layer,…then go to the Annotate tab and using the…Dimension styles, make sure you're using the…116-ROMANS-115-PS dimension style.…Now, this dimension command…only works with certain dimensions,…it doesn't do all of them.…
So, zoom in on the right-hand floor plan,…top left, and we'll look at that Room 204 again,…like we did in the previous exercise.…So, come into the Dimensions panel here,…and click on the Dimension command,…it's here, it looks like little flames underneath it,…and it'll ask you now to specify the…first extension line origin or.…Now, if I right-click, you'll see that…there are certain dimensions it will do,…Angular, Baseline, Continue, and so on.…You'll notice there's no radius or diameter there.…OK? Just be aware of that one.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.