- Defining and nesting blocks
- Inserting and redefining blocks
- Creating and applying constraints
- Designing dynamic blocks
- Sharing blocks on a local area network
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Onstott and welcome to Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD. In this course, we'll start with with static blocks and then move onto creating dynamic blocks with both geometric and dimensional constraints. Then we'll build a complex dynamic block using a variety of perimeters and actions. These allow the user of the block to make quick and intuitive changes to each block reference they insert into their drawings. You will build a wide variety of dynamic functionality in a step-by-step project including controlling geometry with a formula to alignment, stretching, rotating, moving, mirroring, controlling visibility, displaying perimeter values with attributes and fields to driving geometry with a reverse lookup table, creating a variable fillet radius and much more.
Designing Dynamic Blocks is an effective way to build intelligence into the virtual objects you work with every day. Now let's get started with Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD.