Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating layouts, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- When you start to print your AutoCad LT drawings,…it may be that you want to create differing layouts…with differing view ports of different scales and so on.…Now obviously, what you want to think about here is…not the Model tab but the Layout tabs.…The Model tab is done, all of your design is done…and what you want to do now is start plotting…from the Layout tabs to communicate your design intent.…I'm going to click on the D-Size Layout tab here.…Now if I zoom out slightly, you can see that we've got…an overall view of the two floor plans…in that particular view port.…
Now it may be that I want to create…a different D-Size Layout this time.…So what we're going to do, we're going to right click…on this one, D-Size Layout and we're going to Rename it.…And we're going to rename it D-Size - GA.…So I'll just click there and D-Size there, space dash space…and we'll just call it GA, General Arrangement…and press Enter so that we know that's just our GA…of the two floor plans.…Now I want to create a new tab.…I want to keep the title block…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.