Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating layout viewports, part of Up and Running with AutoCAD LT.
- In the previous exercise, we set up…our Layout tabs in our floor plan's drawing.…I'm in the D-Size-Details Layout tab here,…and what I need to do is…I need to recreate and generate…some new viewports here.…I'm just gonna zoom out slightly,…and I'm gonna click on the viewport, like so.…Now the good thing about viewports is they've got grips.…So if I click on that grip there,…and just drag that up like that, and click there,…it re-sizes the viewport.…It also re-sizes, in essence,…what's inside the viewport.…
So I can only see part of the model.…Now that's the whole idea.…Now if I just click away from that viewport…and hit Escape and zoom in a bit,…there's the viewport and there's the washroom area…that I want to see in this particular viewport.…So I double-click in the viewport again,…and I zoom in now.…And you can see that I'm zooming in…and making that view bigger…in that particular viewport.…Now what I can do there is…I can also check the scale here.…So it's not .02.…That's roughly, let's say, 1:20ish,…so we'll click there and we'll go for…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.