Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying objects, part of Learning AutoCAD LT 2016.
- You can copy objects in many various ways in AutoCAD LT.…Let's have a look at those now.…And what we'll do first is we'll look at…actually moving an entire floor plan,…but as we move it, we're gonna copy it as well.…So I'm gonna double click on the wheel…to zoom extents first of all,…then roll back on the wheel…a couple of notches to zoom out.…And I'm actually going to copy…this right-hand floor plan, the whole thing.…So what we need to do there is make sure…that our selection is appropriate.…So the way to do this is to click here…and drag a crossing selection all the way over,…making sure you don't touch…that dimension there on the left-hand plan.…
And that selects everything.…Now because there's hatching in there,…you might get this little message come up…saying that you're editing…non-associative hatch boundary groups.…That's fine, just close that for now.…Now what we're going to do is…we're going to copy all of that.…So I'll just right click or go up to the Modify panel…on the Home tab and select Copy, either will do.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modeling (2014)with Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.