Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text in a drawing, part of Learning AutoCAD LT.
- Once we have our text styles all set up…and ready to go in our AutoCAD LT drawing,…we need to start thinking about…adding text to our drawing.…Now there's two types of text available…in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.…There's single-line text and there's multi-line text.…We're going to look at single-line text first.…And we're going to zoom in on the left-hand floor plan…and we're going to look at this…magenta colored box and also this magenta text.…Now the two lines of text are single-line text.…
Now you'll notice that the text itself…is going outside the box.…Now you cannot edit text, single-line text…I hasten to add, in the same way…that you would edit in, say, Microsoft Word for example.…It is purely a single line of text like that.…So Meeting Room is a single line of text.…To Be Used Only By Staff is a single line of text.…Now there's no wraparound tools…available in single-line text.…So if I want to edit this particular piece of text,…what I will have to do is create a new line of text…where I can obviously wrap this text around…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.