Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dimensions, part of Up and Running with AutoCAD LT.
- Another method of annotating your AutoCAD LT drawings is…to use Dimensioning.…Dimensioning is fundamental to any design.…People are going to need to know how…to build, construct, or manufacture your design,…so you must Dimension it.…As you've worked through these floor plans,…I'm sure you've noticed all the Dimensions…all over the drawing.…Now, Dimensions are very important,…especially on floor plans.…You need to know where your walls are,…your doors are, your windows, any openings,…any staircases, and so on and so forth.…
Just head over to the Home tab on the ribbon, though,…and make sure in the Layer pull-down here…that you're using the Architectural_Plan_Dim Layer, like so.…You always place your Dimensions on a separate layer.…That allows you to freeze or switch that layer off…for clarity when you're working in your AutoCAD LT drawings.…Now, what we're going to do is go to the Annotate tab.…Now, just before we do that, though,…if you look in the Annotation panel here on the Home Tab,…you'll see that we can pick a particular Dimension Style.…
- Opening DWG drawing files
- Starting a new drawing
- Saving drawings
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Working with the Snap and Grid features
- Editing objects
- Organizing drawings with layers
- Inserting blocks
- Creating layouts
- Adding text
- Adding and editing dimensions
- Printing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with an AutoCAD Drawing
3. Precision Drawing Tools in AutoCAD
4. Making Changes in Your Drawing
5. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
6. Object Properties
7. Using AutoCAD Blocks
8. Using Layouts
12. Printing Your Drawing
Next steps3m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.