In this video, author Shaun Bryant explains how to use the Icon menu for full-units PLC modules
- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going…to be looking at the Full Unit PLC modules…in a little bit more detail.…Now as usual, we've got the Demo 10.dwg file open…in a new clean WD Demo project.…So as usual, go to the Library,…download that Demo folder with the drawings…and the WDP file.…And then what you're going to do…in the Project Manager is go New Project,…and you're going to look for your wddemo.wdp file,…in the Demo folder and open it up.…
Now mine's already open, so I can click on Cancel,…and I've already double clicked on demo10.dwg…to open it up.…Now we're going to be looking at Full Unit PLC Modules.…Now, again, we know they're different,…the parametric PLC modules.…But I just want to show you a few little…tricks with the Icon menu in AutoCAD Electrical…when it comes to Full Unit PLC modules.…Now if I go up to the Insert Components panel here,…in the Schematic tab, click on the Flyout…like we've done previously, and select Full Units there.…
That will automatically open up the Icon menu…at the PLC Input Output Fixed Units part of the menu.…
- PLCs in industrial automation
- Setting up ladders in electrical drawings
- Inserting PLCs into electrical drawings
- Working with parametric and full unit PLC models
- Choosing a manufacturer
- Using spreadsheets to import PLC module data
- Exporting spreadsheets from existing PLC modules
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to PLC Modules
2. Setting Up Ladders in Electrical Drawings
Add wires and components3m 5s
3. The Different Types of PLC Modules in AutoCAD Electrical
4. Parametric PLC Modules in More Detail
5. Full-Unit PLC Modules in More Detail
6. Using Spreadsheets to Import PLC Module Data
7. Exporting Spreadsheets from Existing PLC Modules
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.