In this video, author Shaun Bryant explains how to set the import parameters for the spreadsheet data in to the AutoCAD Electrical PLC I/O utility.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…I left the Spreadsheet to PLC…Input Output Utility dialog box open.…You can see it there on the screen.…Now, I've deliberately left that open…so that you can go to the next step.…Now, you'll notice, at the top of the dialog box,…it's looking at a file called Demoplc.wdi.…That is all of your settings, all of your parameters…that your PLCs are going to follow…when you create them from the spreadsheet itself.…
Now, it's really important…that you have all of this set up and ready to go,…so I've devoted an entire video to this.…So, all you've got to do is click on Setup here…in the Spreadsheet to PLC Utility dialog box.…Click on Setup…and you get another great bit dialog box.…Excellent, with even more information this time.…It's not actually that difficult to set up,…and most of the default settings…I'm going to leave them as they are.…So, you'll notice that we've got a ladder.…So, basically, it creates a ladder for you…for your parametric PLC, if you need one.…
And the settings are there, X and Y.…
- PLCs in industrial automation
- Setting up ladders in electrical drawings
- Inserting PLCs into electrical drawings
- Working with parametric and full unit PLC models
- Choosing a manufacturer
- Using spreadsheets to import PLC module data
- Exporting spreadsheets from existing PLC modules
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to PLC Modules
2. Setting Up Ladders in Electrical Drawings
Add wires and components3m 5s
3. The Different Types of PLC Modules in AutoCAD Electrical
4. Parametric PLC Modules in More Detail
5. Full-Unit PLC Modules in More Detail
6. Using Spreadsheets to Import PLC Module Data
7. Exporting Spreadsheets from Existing PLC Modules
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.