In this video, author Shaun Bryant explains how to edit the information displayed in a full-units PLC module.
- [Instructor] Editing the attributes…of a full unit's PLC module is remarkably similar…to editing the information in a parametric PLC module.…So you can see we're in demo10.dwg.…We've got our full unit's PLC module placed in the drawing.…I'm going to zoom into to the top of it…where it says Power On, Power Off…so I can see the information.…So you can see there…that it's an Automation-Direct F1-130AA,…that's the manufacturer.…And you can see, some of the input output points X0 and X1,…have some descriptions as well.…
Now I want to edit that information.…So what I do is I hover over it, right-click,…the menu comes up, I click on Edit Component.…Now you'll notice that XO there is, or X0 I should say,…is Power On, and X1 is Power Off.…So that information's already in there.…But what I can do is I can edit information in here…very quickly and very easily if I want to.…So X2 might be say Switch 1, like so.…X3 might be Switch 2.…
Should have really numbered them a bit better,…as in Switch 3 for X3,…but we're not going to worry about that too much.…
- PLCs in industrial automation
- Setting up ladders in electrical drawings
- Inserting PLCs into electrical drawings
- Working with parametric and full unit PLC models
- Choosing a manufacturer
- Using spreadsheets to import PLC module data
- Exporting spreadsheets from existing PLC modules
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to PLC Modules
2. Setting Up Ladders in Electrical Drawings
Add wires and components3m 5s
3. The Different Types of PLC Modules in AutoCAD Electrical
4. Parametric PLC Modules in More Detail
5. Full-Unit PLC Modules in More Detail
6. Using Spreadsheets to Import PLC Module Data
7. Exporting Spreadsheets from Existing PLC Modules
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.