Learn about editing the drawing and sheet set properties, and how to see that the edits are updated in the sheet's fields.
- [Instructor] One of the main reasons…we set up the template file and sheets have found…in chapter one was to allow easy updating…of repetitive information.…This was done through fields and attributes.…We're here to update those fields…to see that functionality in action.…The first fields I want to talk about…are the drawing properties.…The drawing property fields were the Design By,…Drawn By, Checked By, and Approved By.…We edit those in the Drawing Utilities…in the Application menu, under Drawing Properties.…
And it's on the Custom tab.…And I'm just going to put in Design By a name…and I go OK.…It doesn't automatically update.…You have to update the fields.…One way to update the field is called REA…and that regenerates the view.…You can see that my name now pops up in the Design By field…and I want to point out that it will show up…on all of the layouts.…
That's the main purpose for using the Drawing Properties…is to update on all of the sheets in this particular file.…And the reason we did Drawing Properties for this,…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.