Join Dustin Manning for an in-depth discussion in this video Support files for survey databases, part of AutoCAD Civil 3D: Topographic and Boundary Survey.
- [Teacher] As mentioned in the previous movie,…there are a couple of support files you will need…out of the exercise files so that you can use the…database setup that we did.…Most everything in simple 3D exists…inside your template files, so in your drawings.…This is one of the few exceptions to that rule.…So I'm going to walk you through using…Windows Explorer to install those files.…The two files you're looking for are located in chapter two…the exercise files are right here.…And we want to get those to your local machine…located here, so on your C drive in the…program data folder, under autodesk, symbol 3 2018,…emu, and survey, you need to copy…those files to this location.…
Now likely you can copy this and paste it…into your own browser but just in case you can't…one thing you may need to do is show your hidden…files and folders in Windows, so let's walk through that too…In Windows 10, if you click on the view tab…on the far right there's options…and we'll change folder and search option.…Under the view tab, scroll down a little bit…
- Setting up your survey database
- Field to Finish workflow
- Creating automatic linework
- Creating TIN surfaces
- Adding surface labels
- Working with different data sources
- Boundary survey in Civil 3D
- Drawing and labeling a boundary
- Productivity tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D Essential Trainingwith Josh Modglin7h 34m Beginner
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Drawing or survey4m 4s
2. Field to Finish
3. Creating TIN Surfaces
4. Boundary Survey in Civil 3D
5. Productivity Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.