Join Dustin Manning for an in-depth discussion in this video Quality checks, part of AutoCAD Civil 3D: Topographic and Boundary Survey.
- [Instructor] The first tool we're going to look at for…checking this surface build is going to be quick profile.…Quick profile allows us to draw a line or a poly-line…anywhere in the model and very quickly…create a profile in our model space.…So to do that I'm going to run the line command.…Under home, in the draw panel,…we'll click the top left button for line, create line.…And I'm just going to draw a line roughly estimating…going perpendicular to the center line.…Click and then escape to end that.…
When I select the line and then right click…I can choose quick profile.…Doing that brings up a dialog box…called create quick profiles, and we only…have one surface in this drawing…so it's automatically selected.…The only thing that we need to do is make sure…that it's going to display in a way that we can see it…on the profile, so existing ground profile will work.…And then the profile view style, this is what determines…the scale and the display style of the profile.…So let's click okay and see what that looks like.…
- Setting up your survey database
- Field to Finish workflow
- Creating automatic linework
- Creating TIN surfaces
- Adding surface labels
- Working with different data sources
- Boundary survey in Civil 3D
- Drawing and labeling a boundary
- Productivity tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D Essential Trainingwith Josh Modglin7h 34m Beginner
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Drawing or survey4m 4s
2. Field to Finish
3. Creating TIN Surfaces
4. Boundary Survey in Civil 3D
5. Productivity Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.