Join Dustin Manning for an in-depth discussion in this video Linework code sets, part of AutoCAD Civil 3D: Topographic and Boundary Survey.
- [Voiceover] Moving on to line work code sets.…Civil 3D needs to know how and when to begin a line…or to end a line or to close a figure or to create curves.…And that's defined in a line work code set.…If we right click on the linked in line work code set…and go to edit,…you'll see how this is set up.…Looking at coding methods.…The way our standard is set up is we use a space…as our feature and code delimiter.…So in the description of the point,…we have the first description and then special codes…that we'll use to determine if a line will be drawn…and what will be done with it.…
The next thing you'll want to do is determine,…based on your field process, is it going to start drawing…a line or a figure the first time that it encounters a code?…So here we have this checked yes,…so without telling civil 3D that we're starting a new line,…if it encounters one of these codes,…it's going to automatically start drawing the line…whether or not we include the special code of begin.…So moving down, if we want to manually start a line,…
- Setting up your survey database
- Field to Finish workflow
- Creating automatic linework
- Creating TIN surfaces
- Adding surface labels
- Working with different data sources
- Boundary survey in Civil 3D
- Drawing and labeling a boundary
- Productivity tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D Essential Trainingwith Josh Modglin7h 34m Beginner
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Drawing or survey4m 4s
2. Field to Finish
3. Creating TIN Surfaces
4. Boundary Survey in Civil 3D
5. Productivity Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.