Learn which properties can and cannot be edited after a view frame group is created. Lear now to use grips to move around the view frames.
- [Instructor] View frames are the link…to view ports in your sheets.…Knowing how to move them around and edit them…so that they are showing the exact thing that you want to see…in your sheets is important.…You need to edit before you create the sheets,…as you will not be able to move the view frames afterwards.…Or to be more specific,…you'll be able to move the view frames afterwards…but it won't update in your sheets.…You want to set your view frames…before you create your sheets.…I'm going to select one of the view frames to show…some of the editing you can do.…
Much like the match line grip editing…there is a circle grip that will rotate your view frame…about the center of the view frame.…You can also select the diamond grip…to move it up and down along the alignment.…There we go, let's zoom out, so it moved.…I would move it back because it's too far up in this.…Move it back.…Then, there is the square grip which allows you…to move it anywhere, but just not rotate it.…
The other thing I want to look at…is your view frame group properties.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.