Learn about how to create section sheets. Use the production tools to create section sheets, and add the section sheets to the previous sheet set from Chapter Three.
- [Narrator] Creating the section sheets…is a quick step with minimal options,…unlike the plan and profile sheet creation.…Let me show you the sheet creation box.…You find the sheet creation box on the output tab…on the upper left in the planned production panel…under create section sheets.…In the create section sheets box,…you select your alignment, sample line group,…and section view group.…Right now, we only have our one alignment…and our one sample line.…
Usually, I would change the name of my section view group.…However, that's not an option…for view groups in this software.…You're not allowed to change the name.…The next thing to do is set the layout names.…I'm going to come into the name template box…and I'm going to build out my name,…and again, I want it to be C for civil engineer,…and this time, I'm going to have my sheets start with C12.…So, it'll be in the 120 range.…
And I'm going to hit insert for next counter.…So my first sheet set will be C121,…the next one will be C122, and so on.…As long as my starting number is set to one, which is it.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.