Join Dustin Manning for an in-depth discussion in this video Coordinate Geometry Editor, part of AutoCAD Civil 3D: Topographic and Boundary Survey.
- We've looked at using the drawing commands…to draw our boundaries.…But let's look at another tool that makes this simpler.…It's called the coordinate geometry editor.…To find this tool, we'll type in cogoeditor…on the command line, and press enter.…From here, we're able to define our point of beginning…by either choosing a known point,…or entering in our easting and northing values.…From there, we would come down to our sides…and we would start to enter in the information.…So let's start by choosing a point in model.…
And we will say yes,…we do want this point to close back here.…So then you can see we have our northing and easting…set as the same value.…And I'm going to start to type in our bearings and distances.…(keyboard clicks)…So pay attention to the format of entry there.…Just spaces between the degrees, minutes and seconds.…And I'll use the tab key on the keyboard to go on distance.…(keyboard clicks)…And tab down to the next.…I'll enter one more to show you how this works.…(keyboard clicks)…I'm going to move the coordinate geometry editor out of the way…
- Setting up your survey database
- Field to Finish workflow
- Creating automatic linework
- Creating TIN surfaces
- Adding surface labels
- Working with different data sources
- Boundary survey in Civil 3D
- Drawing and labeling a boundary
- Productivity tips and tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D Essential Trainingwith Josh Modglin7h 34m Beginner
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Drawing or survey4m 4s
2. Field to Finish
3. Creating TIN Surfaces
4. Boundary Survey in Civil 3D
5. Productivity Tips and Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.