Learn about inserting an existing title block file into the layout.
- [Instructor] All sheets have a title block,…and this template file is now ready to insert a title block.…I have created a title block file…which I'm going to insert into this layout.…I'm going to go to the Insert tab,…and go over to the Insert block,…and I'm going to come down to More Options.…Now I'm going to pick my title block file.…So I'm going to go over here to Browse,…and I'm going to go to my exercise files folder,…and I have a file called Title Block.…
And this is what I'm going to insert into my plan.…So go Open.…And I'm going to make sure that I have none of these checked.…So I'm not going to insert on a specific point.…I'm not going to specify On-screen.…I'm going to insert it at zero, zero, zero.…And as long as the linework is the same size as the layout,…it will insert in the correct place.…I also am not going to scale it,…and I'm not going to rotate it.…I am going to hit the Explode button…because if it is a block, I want it to explode…so that I can edit it within this layout.…
I'm going to hit OK.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.