Learn about adding text attributes with fields linking to the sheet set properties.
- [Instructor] Let's update the template file…with the text fields that can access the properties…from the sheet file that we just created.…These fields will be placed in a text attribute,…which are associated with title blocks.…These fields will allow the software…to add project specific data…that you created in your sheet set file,…so that you don't have to type…the same information over and over again.…Again, this saves you time and reduces errors.…The way you add an attribute…is you type in A-T-T-D-E-F,…which is the attribute definition command.…
And it brings up the attribute definition box.…We're not going to be concerned with all the different modes.…The only one we need is the Lock position.…Meaning, wherever we place it,…we're not going to allow it to be moved.…We're also going to insert onscreen…where we want the text field and attribute to go.…Let's start up here at the top.…We'll start with attribute.…Now, the first one that I'm going to do…is going to be the sheet number.…So, I'm going to type that in here as that tag, SheetNumber.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.