Learn about drawing properties to the template file that will be used for linking in text fields in the next video.
- Most often a design will be shown…in multiple drawing sheets.…You do not want to have to go into every drawing sheet,…and put in the designer's name…or other information that is repeated.…That would be time consuming.…What you can do instead is create a drawing property…for the designer's name,…and then create a text field that accesses that specific…drawing property.…Then if the designer's name changes,…you can change it in the drawing property,…and every sheet that is in that drawing…will automatically be updated.…
The first stage of this process is to create…the drawing properties.…Which is what I'm going to do.…Drawing properties can be found in the application menu.…Drawing utilities,…drawing properties.…And I'm going to come over to the custom tab.…I'm going to add custom properties.…I'm going to hit the add button,…and I'm going to create four custom properties.…The first one…designed by…I'm going to leave it, not blank,…but put it two hyphens in there.…
Because this is a template file,…and when the template file is going to be used…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.