Learn about adding sheet set properties to the sheet set file from the previous video.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created…our sheet set file, the next thing we need to do…is add the specific properties that we want…propagated throughout our sheets.…We also need to add the template file…that we want to use to create our sheets,…which is the template file that we've created.…Adding properties to your sheet set will save you time.…It eliminates the need to go into each sheet file…and input information such as…the project number, date, address, et cetera.…It also eliminates errors because you don't need…to copy the same information into multiple files.…
The plan production function will do it for you.…Okay so the first thing I'm going to do…is add that template file.…So I'm going to do that in the properties.…So I right-click on the Dorland Avenue Project,…and I go into Properties.…Now in Properties, I'm going to come into Sheet Creation.…First, I want to look at sheet 'stores location.'…So whenever I create a new sheet,…where is it going to be created.…Right now it's set to create in our chapter one folder.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.