Learn to insert a north arrow block into the template drawing.
- [Instructor] Another important component…of your plan sheets is the north arrow.…North arrow is simply a block.…In order for this block to show up in your sheets…as an option, which we will find…when we actually create sheets,…it needs to be in your template file.…So let's add a north block to our template file.…And presumably, at your firm, you have a collection…of north arrows that you use.…And this is simply inserting a block into your drawing.…You can type in insert…and then browse to your arrows.…
However you get your arrows into your drawing,…it's just good to have them.…So I choose my North Arrow from my Chapter One,…and I go Open.…And I'm going to specify On-screen Insertion Point.…I'm not going to explode it…and I'm not going to scale or rotate it.…So I'm going to go OK.…And I'll just left click over here.…So now my north arrow is in my drawing.…And I'm going to save my template file.…
Now this north arrow will be available…for the plan production tools.…
- Setting up a template and sheet set files
- Creating a template file
- Adding a title block
- Creating plan production specific viewports
- Creating and editing view frames
- Working with plan and profile sheets
- Exploring the sheets
- Updating the sheet set properties and drawing fields
- Creating and editing cross sections
- Creating multiple section views
- Editing cross-section sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Residential Projectswith Eric Chappell3h 11m Intermediate
AutoCAD Civil 3D: Designing Gravity Pipe Systemswith Eric Chappell3h 33m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Template and Sheet Set Files
2. Creating and Editing View Frames
3. Working with Plan and Profile Sheets
Exploring the sheets2m 48s
4. Creating and Editing Cross Sections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.