Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with time and pitch effects, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
New to Audition CS6 is an effect called Automatic Pitch Correction, known in…some circles as Autotune, which can help finesse a slightly off-key…recording back into tune.…Now you hear a lot about Autotune these days usually from people complaining…about how much it's overused in pop music to the point where the singing doesn't…sound natural anymore.…My personal take is that it's best when used subtly, which requires getting as…on-key a recording of a singer as possible which you can then just slightly…tweak to bring it a little bit more into tune.…I've got this Say Yes LV Only file open right now.…This is an isolated vocal track. Let's give it a listen.…
(music playing)…So that's really pretty good.…Nothing that can really be classified as being really out of tune or off-key.…
But there are a handful of notes that we could certainly nudge around a little bit.…For example, in this phrase here, listen to the word arms.…(female singing: So keeping me on your mind and in your arms tonight.)…And to me that word just sounds maybe just a little tiny bit sharp.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.