Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with filters and EQ effects, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
Audition comes with an excellent collection of built-in graphic equalizers and…equalizer-based effects to let you filter your audio to emphasize or…de-emphasize various frequencies across your recordings.…EQs allow you to get fine grain control over a very specific range of frequencies.…You can boost to low levels to get more bass or cut the high and back if your…recording sounds too trebly.…EQ effects are often also referred to as Filters because they filter specific…frequencies relative to the rest of the signal.…Let's take a look at some examples.…I've opened up the file Sing Real Loud, which we have seen already in this chapter.…
Let's give it a listen again.…(video playing)…Now, earlier we talked about how to use compression to…compensate for the wide dynamic range in this recording.…But another issue here is one of sibilance.…Sibilance is the overly harsh sound that sometimes is created when someone…speaks or says words with the letter S and to a lesser extent the S-H and C-H sounds.…You can hear a lot of S sounds in this recording every time the singer says…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.