Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with audio from video, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to look at working with the audio from video projects.…Maybe you need to adjust some dialog in a movie or get rid of an unwanted…noise in a video interview, or maybe just want to add some background music to an existing file.…Audition can do all of that and more.…Now there are a couple of ways of getting a movie into Audition, including…importing it in from a Premiere Pro project, which we'll look at how to do…a little bit later.…For this example, let's take a look at working with a stand-alone movie file.…On my Desktop I have a folder called Farm Project, and inside it there's a…movie called farm_project_intro.mp4.…
I'm going to drag that into Audition's Files panel.…Now we've seen this before, but just to review, when you drag a video file into…Audition it splits the audio and video portions of the movie up.…Notice we have an MP4 file and the audio file.…Now remember Audition has no video editing capabilities.…The only thing the video track is used for is so you can watch it while you're…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.