Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Audition?, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
Adobe Audition is an application used by audio and video professionals to record, edit, mix, and restore audio compositions. Audio and video professionals use Audition for visually fixing audio problems like noise and clicks using healing tools, mixing multiple tracks of dialog, music, and sound effects, enhancing the quality of audio by utilizing built-in audio effects, and also adjusting multiple audio clips simultaneously by using Batch Processing Commands.
Audition gives you full control of your audio compositions and allows you to create crisp, dynamic compositions like this. (music playing) In addition to its editing functionality, Audition also integrates with Adobe Premiere Pro, which allows you to easily edit audio within your video projects. In short, Adobe Audition provides you with a set of tools that will allow you to make your audio and video projects sound their best.
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.