Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using special effects, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
Among Audition's built-in effects, you'll find a category called Special, and…these are special effects that can be used for any number of results, and…you'll find that you can use them subtly or heavy-handed depending on what…you're going for.…I just want to show you a couple of examples here.…I've opened up this file called Dynamic Guitar Chords, and it's just a…simple looping pattern.…(music playing)…So this is an acoustic guitar, but maybe for my project, I need…it to be an electric guitar.…
Now ideally you would be able to go back and re-record the guitars playing…an electric guitar.…But if that's not a viable solution, you can use some of the Audition's effects…to try and turn it into an electric guitar.…In fact, if I go to Effects > Special, you'll see that there's actually a Guitar Suite here.…Here I can select settings for Compression, Distortion, there's a filter and even an amp modeler.…And there are some presets I can choose from to get started.…Now the default setting is going to sound a little harsh, so adjust your…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.