Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using pan envelopes, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
As we discussed in the previous chapter, sometimes you want your mixes to be dynamic.…Just because the track starts out panned to the left, doesn't mean you don't…want it to travel to the right at some point during playback, or maybe you want…the volume level to change its specific points.…If you watched the earlier movies on using Automation, you saw that it's easy…to accomplish time-based moves like this with the volume and pan envelopes on each clip or track.…And again on the clips, these are represented by the horizontal lines…running across the clips.…When you're working in a surround mix, you get additional pan envelopes to work…with, since you're not just working with left and right channels.…
To automate surround panning, toggle the arrow on the track you want to adjust,…so we can see the Show Envelope menu.…And because I'm working on the surround mix, I have 5 different Pan Properties I…can adjust simultaneously.…Just select the ones you want to have Pan Envelopes for.…We've got Pan Angle, Radius, Center, LFE, which again is the subwoofer channel,…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.