Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
If you have a Premium subscription to the lynda.com Online Training Library, or if you're watching this course on a disk, you have access to the sample audio and video files I use throughout this course, and you can use these files to work along with me. I've organized the files into folders for each chapter. My recommendation is to create a copy of each chapter's files before you start working along with that chapter. That way you'll always have fresh, unaltered versions of the files to work with in case you want to start over at any point. On Macs you can hold down the Option key while dragging a folder to a location like your desktop to create a copy of that file.
Alternately, you can right-click a folder or a file, choose to Copy it, and then right-click in the folder you want to copy that item to and choose Paste Item. You can do the same things in Windows by right-clicking a folder, choosing Copy, and then right-clicking and pasting it to create your copy. Now if you don't have access to the exercise files, you can work along with your own audio and video files, and you should still be able to follow along with no problem.
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.