Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using automation, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
So far, we've looked at how to adjust the volume level of individual tracks…using the Volume Dial on each of the tracks here in the Multitrack View.…And we also saw that you can do this by going to the Mixer, and adjusting…the faders here.…Both really do the same thing.…But you're not always going to want to have certain tracks be the exact same…level throughout the entire song or project you're working on.…I'm still working in this Breakdown Mode song.…So let's go to this Guitar 1 track here for this example.…I'm just going to solo that up.…Now, you have probably already noticed these horizontal lines that run across…all the clips and the tracks.…
These are called Automation Envelopes, and they allow you to make changes to…the volume and if it's a stereo song the panning as well, and you're adjusting both over time.…That's really very easy to do.…First of all, if I want to bump the clip's volume up or down, I can click and…grab this yellow line--that's the Volume Envelope--and drag it up or down.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.