Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Spectral Frequency Display, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to look at some of the tools in workflows for…cleaning up and repairing audio.…And to me, this is a spot where Audition really shines.…It has some incredible tools for fixing several common problems that might crop up from time to time.…You can remove unwanted sounds, lower background noises, and quickly perform all…kinds of other repair work to your files.…The majority of this work is going to be done in the Spectral Frequency Display.…Up until now, we've been working primarily here in the Waveform Editor.…We've seen that to view the Spectral Frequency Display, you can just click its…button up here, and that splits your screen showing the waveform at the top and…the Spectral Frequencies at the bottom.…
Using these two displays in conjunction can help you identify and…isolate certain sounds.…You can adjust the size of each pane by dragging the divider up and down.…If you're working primarily with the Spectral Display, you might want to…increase its size like so.…And again, while the Waveform Editor shows you amplitude, the Spectral Display…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.