Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Automatic Speech Alignment, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In my exercise files folder I have a folder called Speech Alignment, and in there…is a movie called iphone_intro.mp4.…This is a clip from my iPhone Essential Training course, which incidentally you…can find on the lynda.com Online Training Library.…Let's listen.…(male speaker: Hello and welcome to iPhone and iPod Touch Essential Training.…I'm Garrick Chow. The iPhone is one of the most popular, powerful, and easy to use smartphones…on the market today. And the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone, running the same…operating system and apps. In this course, we're gonna take a detailed look at all…the most important features of both of these devices.)…Okay, so the audio here is pretty bad and pretty much unusable.…
Now although we've seen that Audition has some great clean-up tools, sometimes…you are most likely going to be better off re-recording dialog that was…either recorded poorly or that might have been ruined by unwanted or unremovable sounds.…In this case, my voice is kind of echoey, plus there's sort of this hum going on throughout the clip.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.