Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the multitrack interface, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now let's take a deeper look at the interface elements and controls that you'll…need to be familiar with in a Multitrack Session.…I still have the Podcast Episode 1 Multitrack Session open.…And in case if you haven't noticed yet, take a look at the controls for each track.…The thing to bear in mind here is that each track has identical controls and options.…So this isn't as complicated to use as it might look at first.…Also if you're not seeing the same controls in your screen here, remember, you…can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to increase or decrease the height of the…tracks, to make sure your mouse is over one of the tracks when you scroll.…If you don't have a scroll wheel, you can click and drag the border between the…tracks to adjust one track's size or hold Shift while doing so to adjust them all simultaneously.…
And remember, if you have a scroll wheel, if you want to scroll up and down in…tracks themselves, place your cursor over the track area.…Place your mouse over the clips area, not the tracks.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.