Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the interface, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In this chapter, I'd like to briefly touch on Audition's Surround Sound Mixing capabilities.…We've talked mostly about how to work with mono and stereo mixes, but Audition…lets you mix for 5.1 surround sound as well, meaning for a set up that includes…a Center Channel, Front Left and Front Right Channels, Rear Left and Rear Right…Channels, and the Subwoofer.…So in order to properly monitor and mix like this, you really have to have a…Surround Sound set-up connected to your computer.…I can't really give you the full effect here since we can only present…these training movies in stereo, but I do want to give you a basic rundown of the tools.…So let's start by creating a Multitrack Session, and I'll just call this Surround Test.…
I'll save it to my Desktop.…Let's make this 44.1, 32-bit, and for the Master Output I'm going to choose 5.1 for a Surround Sound mix.…I'll click OK, and that gives me a familiar looking Multitrack Interface.…As usual, I have the default 6 tracks and a Master Track, but notice that…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.