Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding destructive vs. nondestructive effects, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to be looking at some of the key effects you…applied to your audio files in Audition.…Basically, effects are any processes you apply that affect the sound of your audio.…We've already seen one effect in action in the previous chapter when we saw how…to use the Noise Reduction Effect to remove background noise.…So effects can be used to clean up or fix your audio, but they can also be used…to enhance it by changing its tone or pitch or to give it a different mood or…feel by adding reverberation or changing its timing.…There's just a ton of things you can do to your audio with Audition's effects.…I'm working with the file here rob_welcome_audio.wav.…
And it's just the audio track from a welcome movie of another lynda.com course.…Let's listen to a few seconds of it here so you can see what it currently sounds like.…(male speaker: Hi, I'm Rob Garrett, and I'd like to welcome you to Cinema 4D R13 New Features.…We're gonna explore some key changes to my favorite 3D animation package, Cinema 4D.…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.