Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Waveform Editor interface, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to be looking at some of the most common tasks…you'll be performing when it comes to editing your audio files.…Now we've already touched on some of the basics of the Waveform Editor, but…let's review and really familiarize ourselves with it before we move on.…I've opened the file, maya_intro_raw from the Exercise Files folder, but it's…mainly just serving as a placeholder.…If you want to work along with me and you don't have access to the exercise…files, you can open any other audio file on your own.…And in this chapter we're going to be working primarily with the Waveform Editor.…So if you currently have the Spectral Display open, you can just close that for now.…
Remember, you can just toggle this button here.…You can use this little arrowhead here, or you can just drag the Separator…bar all the way down.…So for now, we're just going to keep that completely hidden and focus on…the Waveform Editor.…And by the way, I'm working from the default workspace, which you can pull up…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.