Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Mixer panel, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Previously, we looked at the controls that are common to each track in your Multitrack Session.…The point of working in this multitrack view is that you can see your audio…clips, move them around, adjust them, record, and so on.…But the compromise is that the track controls have to be a little bit smaller…and can be difficult to use, especially if you're into the mixing phase of your session.…Fortunately, we also have the Mixer View to work with.…What you have here are controls that are identical to the ones you have in Multitrack mode.…But here they've taken on the more traditional appearance of an actual mixer.…Notice that each track is still on its own track, and we can see their names at…the bottom of each module.…
I've got a Host, Music Bed, where my two audio files currently are.…The Book Review Track, Sound Effects Track, and the Master Track appears all the way to the right.…Now if you have more tracks than the space to display them, this area becomes scrollable horizontally.…My level is controlled with these faders and this gives me much more fine grain…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.