Join Paul Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending your sequence to Audition, part of Adobe Audition: Mixing Music and Dialog.
- [Instructor] When it comes time…to send your Premiere clips over to Audition for mixing,…there are a couple of different ways you can do this.…And it's important to know…which one is right for your workflow.…I have this sequence over here…that I want to send over to Audition.…And if you following along…with the exercises files that's in the 'Chapter02' bin,…and it's called '02_02_Audition'.…And what I'm going to do is just select a random clip here,…go up to my Edit menu, down to 'Edit in Adobe Audition'.…And I have these two choices here.…I can edit a clip, or edit the entire sequence.…
Editing a clip is really good only for one-off changes.…For example, if this clip has a background hiss…that I want to remove, then I'll choose 'Clip'…and it will automatically open that clip up…inside of Audition's Waveform Editor.…This editor will allow me to work on individual clips.…So what I'm going to do is choose Effects, Noise Reduction,…and let's choose the Hiss Reduction (process).…I'll just choose the 'High' default and choose Apply.…
- Fixing recording issues such as clipped audio and background noise
- Enhancing dialog with compression and EQ
- Automating music levels
- Setting the right levels for venue
- Exporting your mix back to your editing project