Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing background noises, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
We've seen how Audition can be a big help when you have an audio file…with unwanted noises.…Using the Spectral Display, you can quickly identify and remove or heal pops,…licks, and other problematic noises.…Now, as I also mentioned previously, these tools are great for relatively short sounds.…But we also come across audio files that have much longer unwanted sounds that…appear throughout the entire track.…This could be a noise like a tape hiss or power line hum or just the natural…ambient background sound of where the recording was made.…For those types of situations, you can use Audition's Noise Reduction Effect.…It works by examining a sample of the background noise that you select, and then…it tries to remove that sound throughout the entire file.…
I'm going to go ahead and open a file. Let's go with the interview_BD file again.…And let's just split this so we can see both the Waveform Editor and the…Spectral Display, and I'll play a little bit of it.…(male speaker: Well, we have one farm in Ojai, where we've been since 1998,…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.