Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording and importing audio, part of Audition CS6 Essential Training.
I'm going to continue working with the Podcast Episode 1 Multitrack Session I…created previously, and I've also copied the folder music from my exercise…files folder on to my Desktop, so if you're going to follow along with me, you…should do the same.…So once you have got the basic set-up of your session, you can start recording…or importing files right away.…Now we're going to be going into these track controls more thoroughly in an…upcoming movie, but to record to a track you need to specify the input,…basically where the audio is coming from.…This menu with the right pointing arrow here is the Input menu.…Now if you don't see this, make sure you have Inputs/Outputs selected up here.…
I'm going to Stereo default to go with the hardware set-up we set up in…Preferences a couple of chapters ago.…Now depending on which template you chose when you created your session, or if…didn't choose a template at all, you may not have to do this.…Your tracks may already be set up with the proper input.…I chose the Podcast Template which didn't give me a default input, so I have to…
- Setting up the interface
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Importing audio and video
- Understanding audio terminology, such as frequency and amplitude
- Adjusting clips in the Waveform Editor
- Cleaning and repairing audio
- Applying effects
- Working with tracks in the Multitrack Editor and Mixer panel
- Editing the soundtrack of video
- Performing surround mixing
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
What is Audition?1m 7s
1. Getting Set Up in Audition CS6
2. Importing and Managing Media
3. Important Audio Terminology
4. Working in the Waveform Editor
5. Cleaning and Repairing Audio
6. Using Audition's Built-in Effects
7. Working with the Multitrack Editor and Mixer Panel
8. Working with Video
9. Surround Mixing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.